Why Brittany?

Honestly I asked myself this question several times and the more I think about it, the more it becomes obvious why I love this region so much. Beside the fact that my other half was born and raised there, there is quite few more aspects why Brittany feels so special to me. Today I would like to share with you my favourite things about this region.


 "Paris is the heart of France, then I dare to say Brittany is her soul"



 CLIMATE

Let's face it, Brittany is not famous for its weather. The region situated on the north-west of France and surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean is rather associated with windy, cold and gloomy weather. But thanks to the moderate oceanic climate the winters are mild and summers are rather cool but very sunny. I've visited Brittany for the first time in February 2017. I arrived to Lorient and despite cloudy sky and winter time I appreciated so much the ambiance, the unique smell of the sea, long walks in the green dense forests (which Brittany is full of) and spending time at the beach listening to the waves hitting the shore. 

Ploemeur, Brittany, june 2019


FOOD

I may not look like, but I am a big foodie. I love to eat, to try new food, to experiment in the kitchen.I've discovered many new flavours in Brittany and I strongly believe that the Breton cuisine deserves a special post, so today I will only reveal two of my favourite local delicacies - crêpes and cider. 

Breton diet



PEOPLE 

As much as I appreciate spending my time alone, I am also deeply grateful for the quality time  I get to spend with my closed ones. Brittany wouldn't feel the same if I hadn't have the chance to live with a Breton family for a while. Being able to immerse myself in the tradition and the culture of Brittany was a unique experience that I will be forever thankful for.






Thank you!
Weronika

Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

Hello everybody!